Rose presidential election in Korea





 As I was talking about Seoul, I felt that I could not talk ‘without president election’. This is because this president election has great significance in Korea. Korea has a presidential election next week. If you do not have time to vote next week, you can vote in advance(Pre-voting). Pre-voting will starts tomorrow!
 After the impeachment of the former president, he is supposed to hold a presidential election for a new president within 60 days. So, we usually vote in December, but this time we will vote in May. So it was nicknamed the 'Rose presidential election', which means the presidential election in May when the rose blooms.
 This vote is very meaningful. This is because the former president is an impeachment that is impeached and neglected due to the obligation to protect the Constitution. There was a lot of work before the former president was impeached. The people of the Republic of Korea resented the President's behavior and gathered candle light at Gwanghwamun Square, and the cumulative number of participants exceeded 10 million. It was a scene of democracy and a move to protect the Constitution. I did not have the time, so I tried once, but at that time I was so excited. It was the moment when I felt 'good to come to Seoul'. On March 10, the Constitutional Court ruled that the former president was impeached.
 About two months after that, May 9 became the presidential election day. Many candidates have do hard to prepare for this vote. Fifteen candidates declared their candidacy, and one of the candidates resigned, leaving 14 members. However, the 14 candidates have been running the election race to the end, and now we will vote for the president next week. Maybe everyone is a lot nervous. Whoever president is, I hope that the President, elected by the people, will do his job well.
 The meaning of this election for me is that it is the presidential election that I will try for myself for the first time. In the past 18 votes, in 2012, I was still 17 years old (19 years old in Korea), so I could not vote. But in this 19th vote, I have the right to vote. The residence address is in the province, so I must be in the province to vote on May 9th. But I can not, so I will vote in pre-voting between May 4th and May 5th. I am really glad to be able to attend the pre-vote. I will attend the pre - voting by all means. And I will upload a certification shot here. :)ㅍ

(▲ 17.05.05 Added Image)
I voted!!

Popular posts from this blog

GamdongRan : convenience stores food - GS25

Green Car : How to use Car sharing in Korea

Namsan Tower : Sightseeing places in Seoul