The Midterm exam was over!





 I don't have been writing for a long time. I guess I did not write about a week. In fact, there was a reason. This is because this was the midterm exam period for Korean college students!
 In general, a Korean university lasts 16 weeks. So at the 8th and 16th weeks, I'm going to take the midterm and the final exam. This week was the 8th. Do you think did I take the exam well? I do not want to answer that. ;)
 
 Today I want to talk briefly about the criteria that a university scores. Korean university students went to high school and come to university. But they can't stop studying too at university. I had to study at high school as if everything was going to be over when pass at university. However, as in university, you don't have to study the way of memorizing unconditionally like in high school. Instead, study at universities requires a lot of thought, and grades are assessed through various assignments.
 
 During high school, I used to take exams to score and get grade by percentage. There are 1 to 9 grades and the highest grade is grade 1. About 4% of students were able to get 1st grade. But university is a little different. Universities generally divide their scores into A, B, and C. Approximately 30% of students receive 'A' and 30% of students receive 'C'. In the middle 40% of students receive a 'B'. + (PLUS) score like 'A +', 'B +', 'C +' can be given at the discretion of the professor within that range. There are also 'D' and 'F' scores. However, this score is a special score. It is a special grade that professor can judge and give regardless of the ratio. (Of course, the word 'special' here is not a good mean.)
 
 The score is calculated by adding attendance score + midterm score + assignment score + final exam score. Each professor may have different weighting points. If the professor don't give any assignment, the grades are determined only by attendance score + midterm exam score + final exam score. This depends on professor's discretion.
 
 It seems a bit sad that I have to get my grades even after I leave high school and come to university. However, I am satisfied that it is not the life to live for examination like high school. Because university students have more time than high school students, there is also an opportunity to experience various experiences. So, if who should ask to me "if you can return to high school again, will you return?", and I will say "NO!"


 P.S. The Midterm exam was over, so I should post articles hard again.



Popular posts from this blog

GamdongRan : convenience stores food - GS25

Green Car : How to use Car sharing in Korea

KTX : How to book a KTX ticket online